We care about your privacy and are serous about it.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a specific individual. Here are some examples of personal information that we collect:
- When sign up for the Feedback Beta program, we ask you for your email address and name (First and Last).
- When you subscribe to any of our newsletters, we also ask for your email address; some cases may we may ask for additional information.
- When you contact Contagious or Caramel, (such as for a support request), we may keep a record of your communication.
- We may collect usage statistics from our app, given your system preference, for the purpose of research to improve our products and services.
- We use the personal information we collect to help us develop, deliver, protect, and improve our products, services, content, and customer communications. It is also used to keep you up to date on the latest announcements and updates, or to send you important notices. You may opt out of receiving these communications.
Collection and Use of Non-User Specific Information
Non-user specific information is data that cannot be used to uniquely identify an individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose such information for any purpose. We may combine personal and non-personal information for certain purposes; this data will then be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined. Conversely, aggregated information, i.e. data that might have originated from personal information, but that has been processed in such a way as to not allow personal identification, is treated as non-personal information.
Here are some examples of non-personal information that we collect – either by ourselves or through the use of third-party services:
- When our Software crashes, we collect and store crash reports to help us analyze the crash and determine the source of the problem. We currently use Crashlytics to collect and process crash reports.
- Our software may periodically checks our servers for important updates or notices; in this case, we also log the IP address, device type, language, operating system and the date and time of the request.
Cookies and other Technologies
We utilize both cookies and email token tracking to gather statistics about campaigns and their affects for our products and services.
Access to Personal Information
For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your data so that you can request its correction or deletion. We will happily process these requests, unless we are required to retain information by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also decline requests if they would be crazy, risk the privacy of others, or for which access is not required by law.
Disclosure to 3rd parties
We don’t share personal information with anyone outside of Contagious (and therefore Caramel), except for the few exceptions below.
Our web services are hosted by companies which may retrain information for storage or backup purposes. We do our best when choosing these services to ensure both Caramel and any information trusted to us is kept safe.
We are also bound by law to share any information that may be requested in a reasonable capacity. We ensure our effort in making any formal request known and legitimate.
If Caramel is involved in a reorganization, merger, or sale, the information we collect may be transferred as part of that transaction.
We do not collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will promptly delete this information. Parents or guardians can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3rd Party Sites and Services
Last modified: September 27, 2017